Professional in Civil Law, Business Law, Investment Law, IP & Innovation Law, and Private International Law. His major legal research interests are issues of international and Russian legal regulation of investment activity, including the problems of investing in the sphere of natural resources, infrastructure, intellectual property and innovations by Russian and foreign investors.
· Doctor of Juridical Sciences (Civil Law, Business Law, Family Law, Private International Law, Institute of Legislation and Comparative Law under the Government of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia, 2014);
· Candidate of Juridical Sciences (Ph.D.) (Civil Law, Business Law, Family Law, Private International Law, Tyumen State University, Tyumen, Russia, 2003);
· Lawyer (Jurisprudence, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, 2000).
Head of Chair of Business Law, Faculty of Economics & Institute of Philosophy and Law, Novosibirsk State University, Novosibirsk, Russia, 2002 – present:
· supervisor of LLM Program “Master of Business Law and Arbitral Procedures;
· lecturer on Legal Theory, Russian Civil Law, International & Russian Business Law, International & Russian Investment Law, International & Russian Intellectual Property Law, Private International Law (in Russian & English), etc.;
· supervisor of course and diploma law papers of bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. students (in Russian & English);
· member of Dissertation Council under Novosibirsk State University (Novosibirsk, Russia), Siberian Federal University (Krasnoyarsk, Russia), Far East Federal University (Vladivostok, Russia);
· editor-in-chief of law journal of Novosibirsk State University “Juridical Science and Practice”, etc.
Professor/Lecturer in other Russian and foreign universities in different periods:
· Heilongjiang University (Harbin, China);
· Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Almaty, Kazakhstan);
· Siberian Federal University (Krasnoyarsk, Russia);
· Tyumen State University (Tyumen, Russia);
· Khakass State University (Abakan, Russia), etc.
CAREER-RELATED LEGAL EXPERIENCE:
Director of Law Department, Vice-Chairman of Executive Board, Intergovernmental Association for Economic Cooperation of Siberian States “Siberian Accord”, Novosibirsk, Russia, 2000–2016:
· legal services and maintenance of the economic activity of the Association and Siberian states;
· coordination of the state policy on law making, regional economic development of Siberian states;
· interaction with committees of chambers of Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, legislative and executive bodies of Siberian states in sphere of regional economic policy and development;
· legal consulting and expertise of law drafts and contracts;
· making legal proposals for improvement of Russian legislation, etc.
Grants and projects funded:
· Quality and Fair Resolution of Investment Disputes as Guarantee in Mechanism of Protection of Investors’ Rights and Improvement of Investment Climate and Competitiveness of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Modern Realities (main researcher, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2018-2019);
· State-Private and Municipal-Private Partnership in the Countries of the Eurasian Economic Union: Comparative Legal Research (chief & supervisor, the President of the Russian Federation, 2017-2018);
· State-Private Partnership & Social Partnership as a Legal Form of Interaction of State, Business and Society in Novosibirsk Region: Problems of Law Implementation & Law Enforcement (chief & supervisor, Government of Novosibirsk Region, 2016-2017);
· The Legal Mechanism for Attracting Russian and Foreign Investments in the Russian Economy” (chief & supervisor, Novosibirsk State University, 2016);
· The Legal Regulation of Business Activity and Use of Parks on the Territory of a Municipality with the Application of Mechanism of Municipal-Private Partnership (chief & supervisor, Mayor of Novosibirsk City, 2015).